All participants of ESOT 2017 are invited to submit abstracts of scientific communications either for oral or poster presentations, which will be reviewed by the International Board of Reviewers.
- Abstract Submission CLOSES on Sunday, 19 March 2017 (DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED)
- Abstract Notifications are dispatched from Wednesday 31 May 2017
Each submitter will be able to choose an abstract type among three categories:
Oral: “Full oral” presentations are 7 minutes long (5 minutes for presentation, 2 minutes Q&A’s) and "Brief oral" presentations are 3 minutes long (2 minutes for presentation, 1 minutes Q&A’s)
Poster: Posters for ESOT 2017 will be accepted and presented as ePosters ONLY. A digital version of the poster will be required after you have received a notification of acceptance of your abstract. You can download a template for this submission from the Abstracts tab of the platform.
Video: Abstracts selected for video presentations will be evaluated separately and submitters will be informed of its acceptance in time for the full video to be presented and evaluated.
Guidelines for Video submission:
- Your video should present a new technique, a new method, a new approach in the laboratory, in the operating theatre or on the ward
- Your video will be presented during the designated session. The total allocated time for each presentation is 10 minutes. Within this time we foresee 7 minutes in total for the presentation.This includes 3 minutes max 4 minutes video and 3 minutes or 4 minutes for the oral exposition by the presenter + 3 minutes for Q&A's
- Video submitter/presenter should be a transplant professionals < 40 years.
GUIDELINES FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
Abstracts must contain original data and meet international ethical standards. The author should indicate the desired presentation format (oral or poster) Abstract may only be submitted via internet by filling the form for that purpose You will be able to edit text, use special characters and symbols, super/subscript, enter a table and/or figures. You will know immediately whether your abstract conforms to our size and other requirements. Abstracts should be structured as follows (except for Clinical Cases):
The maximum length of an abstract is 2000 characters; this count includes the Abstract Body, Tables and Images. An identical abstract cannot be submitted twice to different Categories. The Abstract Title must be in capital letters. Trade names should not be mentioned in the title. However, trade names in brackets will be accepted in the body of the text. Linguistic accuracy is your responsibility. All submissions should be in English ONLY. Abbreviations should be written in full the first time they are used. Conclusions should reflect the evidence presented in the abstract. Copyright, if this abstract is accepted, will be held by the European Society for Organ Transplantation.
NOTE: Please read through your abstract carefully before submitting.
Each submitter will be requested to choose the category of the abstract within the following three levels:
Level 1 - Topic:
Level 2 - Category:
Level3 - Sub-Category:
Donation and donor types
Ischemia-reperfusion and preservation
Biomarkers and molecular changes