EKITA-DESCARTES Joint Symposium
SUNDAY 24 SEPTEMBER 2017 | 09:00-12.50
- Basics of the HLA system.
- External validity and variability of solid phase results.
- HLA single epitope matching become real?
- Preformed HLA DSAs and outcomes.
- De novo HLA-DSAs and hard outcomes. How to determine risk (class, number, complement activation?)
10:40 - 11:00 Break
- Alloimmunity trough non-HLA, the human knock out experiment.
- Complement blockade and outcomes – novel approaches beyond eculizumab.
- Treatment of ABMR features in management biopsies.
- Underlying mechanisms of spontaneous operational tolerance.
OBJECTIVES | To provide an overview and offer specific solutions for the ‘complicated’/sensitized patient. Solutions range from individualization through omics technologies to bioinformatics approaches.
TARGET AUDIENCE | Transplant surgeons and physicians, nephrologist, immunologists at all stages of training and expertise.
EKITA is the kidney section of ESOT and deals with all aspects of renal transplantation. As a European platform, EKITA supports research, education and clinical work in this area. Furthermore, EKITA is highly ambitious in preparing policies and creating transnational interactions to advance renal allografting in all European member states.
GOALS |The main goal of EKITA is to improve quality of life of people with ESRD by advancing all aspects of kidney transplantation.
AIM |The ultimate aim of EKITA is the optimization of renal transplantation trough activities in research, education, clinical collaboration and health policy.