ELITA Specialty Update Symposium
SUNDAY 24 SEPTEMBER 2017 | 09:00-12.50
09:00-10.40 SESSION 1
- Case presentation.
- Classification, epidemiology and pathophysiology of biliary complications after liver transplantation.
- How to treat the biliary tract during liver procurement and during transplantation?
- Diagnostic work-up for biliary complications after liver transplantation
- Case discussion and Q&A.
11:00-12:50 SESSION 2
- Case presentation.
- Non-anastomotic strictures in DCD liver transplantation – how to prevent them?
- How far can we go with conservative management of biliary complications after liver transplantation?
- Good functioning graft with severe biliary complications - when is the right time for re-transplantation?
- How the pathologist can help clinician in decision making in case of biliary complications?
- Q&A and closing remarks.
OBJECTIVES | To provide the liver transplant professionals with up to date information on donor selection, anatomical and surgical technical pitfalls and management of recipients after small for size syndrome in split and living donor liver transplants.
TARGET AUDIENCE | Liver transplant surgeons and hepatologists, HPB surgeons and general hepatologists, HPB oncologists, specialist nurses in liver transplantation, HPB, hepatology and oncology
The European Liver and Intestine Transplantation Association is a multi-disciplinary Society of health professionals in liver and intestine transplantation which is the official professional society delegated by ESOT for liver and intestine transplantation in Europe.
GOALS | To provide a range of educational activities, stimulate discussion and influence European legislation in liver and intestine transplantation. To stimulate clinical research and publications from analysis of the registry, in partnership with the European Liver Transplant Registry.
AIM | Our aim is to set guidelines and standards and to provide education and support in liver and intestine transplantation within the European Countries.