ELPAT Specialty Update Symposium
SUNDAY 24 SEPTEMBER 2017 | 09:00-12.50
09:00-10:30 SESSION 1
- Children as deceased donors.
- How and why should we perform psychological screening of living donors.
- Pushing for more anonymous (unspecified) living kidney donations?
11:00-12:50 SESSION 2
- Is promotion of altruistic living donation killing altruism of the deceased ?
- Questioning the definitions of death.
- Opportunities and hurdles in research in deceased donation.
OBJECTIVES | To increase the knowledge, understanding, and skills to implement a successful living kidney exchange program.
TARGET AUDIENCE | Nephrologists, surgeons, psychologists, social workers, transplant coordinators, nurse practitioners.
Ethical, Legal, and Psychosocial Aspects of Organ Transplantation (ELPAT) is a European platform that brings continuity and progress in European research and dialogue on ethical, legal, and psychosocial aspects of organ donation and transplantation.
GOALS |Provides a forum for discussion about ethical, legal, and psychosocial problems and questions related to donation and transplantation; Organizes regular, international open and invitational conferences.