EPITA Specialty Update Symposium
SUNDAY 24 SEPTEMBER 2017 | 09:00-12.50
- Problems and challenges within Eurotransplant
- Experiences with a common waiting list for islets tx in the UK
- New allocation system: the Swiss solution
- What is the crucial information for accepting an organ? Are scoring systems helpful?
- DCD donors update
- Decreasing numbers for beta-cell replacement: what is the reason?
OBJECTIVES | To review recent developments in pancreas and islet transplantation.
TARGET AUDIENCE |Transplant surgeons and physicians, transplant coordinator, nurses and medical student with an interest in transplantation of pancreas and islets.
The European Pancreas and Islet Transplantation Association is a section of ESOT founded to provide a Forum for the pancreas and islet transplantation community in Europe.
GOALS |To facilitate the exchange of information of the field of pancreas and islet transplantation.
AIM |The aim of EPITA is to contribute to the development of the pancreas and islet transplantation field and of alternate forms of beta-cell replacement therapy for the benefit of patients suffering from type 1 diabetes.