ESOT – ‘Opportunitites’ Image Competition
Terms and conditions
1. The competition and prizes are being offered by the European Society of Transplantation (‘ESOT’) of Riviera dei Mugnai, 8/24, 35137 Padova, Italy.
2. In the event of any dispute regarding conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, our decision will be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
We reserve the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants. By entering the competition, entrants agree to be bound by the Competition Terms.
3. To qualify to enter the Competition you must be 18 or older. You must enter the Competition using your legal name and give the name of the institution you work for or study at. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete.
4. Employees, workers and contractors of ESOT and associated companies (and their relatives) are not eligible to enter the Competition. Members of ESOT are eligible to enter the Competition, unless otherwise excluded by these Competition Terms.
5. We reserve the right to disqualify any entrant if we have reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these Competition Terms. Any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original and will be subject to these Competition Terms.
6. There is no purchase requirement to enter the Competition. No postal entries are allowed. We do not accept responsibility for the return of any competition entries and may dispose of entries at our discretion.
7. Only one Competition entry per person is allowed. Incomplete entries will be void (in ESOT’s absolute discretion). You may only enter the Competition as an individual, any entries made by individuals operating as a syndicate will be disqualified.
8. Proof of sending cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. We cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside our control.
9. Five prize winners (one per category) from the entries received will be chosen by a judging panel of transplant professionals from around the world. Each winner will have their image printed onto a postcard for distribution at the 2017 ESOT Congress, and will also receive a free delegate place at the 2017 ESOT Congress (travel and accommodation costs are not included). Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
10. The prize winners will be selected from all qualifying entries within 28 days of the closing date specified in the Competition Notice. Tiebreakers, disputes, conflicts, questions or concerns will be managed by a member of our staff and, if required by law, by an independent adjudicator.
11. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply within the time stated may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure that the contact details and email address held by ESOT are valid and correct.
12. We reserve the right, in our absolute discretion, to request a proof of identity and address in the form of a passport or driving licence and proof of your address in the form of a utility bill.
13. Prizes are awarded at our discretion and prizes may be withheld, if in ESOT’s reasonable opinion the prize has been won through illegitimate means or improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant. If it is discovered after the prize has been released that the prize was won through illegitimate means or improper action you undertake, if required, to return the same (or provide compensation) to ESOT forthwith.
14. All prizes will be sent to the winners by courier unless otherwise noted. ESOT does not accept any liability or claims for prizes which are lost, delayed or damaged in the post or otherwise not validly received by you.
Intellectual Property Rights
15. By participating in this competition, the entrant confirms that they hold the intellectual property rights for any text, photographs or images supplied as part their entry, and licences ESOT to edit and/or publish their entry as part of subsequent promotional campaigns. The winning entrants agree that their name may be published and agrees to engage in reasonable publicity about the fact that they won the prize. ESOT reserves the right to retrospectively disqualify any entrant who fails to cooperate in the implementation of this clause.
16. ESOT is not liable in any way for any costs, expenses, damages, liability arising out of or in any way connected with the competition or prizes other than those costs and expenses specifically provided for in the prize. ESOT does not limit its liability for death or injury caused by its own negligence or where otherwise such limitation of liability is not permitted by law.
17. We cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the competition or as a result of accepting any prize. We are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Competition.
18. The Competition will be governed by Dutch law and the Dutch Courts shall have sole jurisdiction.