The CCIB, venue of the ESOT2017 Congress, is well connected by public transport to all city areas and has taxi ranks and parking places nearby. It also has easy and quick access from the city centre. The nearest public transportation stops are:
Line L4-Yellow, El Maresme-Forum station.
Line T4, Forum stop.
Routes H16 and 7.
All these means of transport will leave you just a few minutes’ walk away from the CCIB.
Public transportation passes
Multiple public transportation passes can be bought in all metro stations. Passes can be used for both the metro and bus network. The most popular pass is the ten-ride card, T-10. With a T-10 card you may use several subway lines or buses if less than 1h15m have passed since you went through the turnstile. The current price for a single ride ticket is 2,15€ and 9,95€ for a T-10 card.
Barcelona travel cards : Hola BCN! These cards allow unlimited journeys on Barcelona public transport over 2, 3, 4 or 5 consecutive days on a single ticket. They also include subway journeys between the airport and the city centre.
More information at: www.tmb.cat/en
Metro network opening hours
- Saturday 24 hours
- Sunday 05.00 - 23.00
- Monday to Thursday 05.00 - 24.00
- Friday 05.00 - 02.00
Barcelona International Airport is located 12km south-west of Barcelona and 20km from the congress venue, CCIB. There are two airport terminals: Terminal T1 is the main terminal, whilst the second, Terminal T2, serves mainly low-cost carriers. The C-31 is the main road directly connecting the airport with the city. The approximate journey time from airport to city centre is 20/25 minutes and to the venue is 30/35 minutes, depending on traffic.
Arrival from the airport
There is a variety of public transport options for going to or from the airport. However, they vary widely in convenience, efficiency and schedule, so plan your trip accordingly. In particular, if you have a very early or very late flight your options are more limited. From the airport, you can reach the city centre and the CCIB either by taxi or public transport (metro, bus, train).
- By taxi: You can find taxi points in front of both terminals T1 and T2. The transfer by taxi from the airport to the CCIB takes approximately 30/35 minutes depending on traffic. The cost is between 30€–35€ depending on the time of day.
- By train: The railway network line R2 Nord connects Terminal T2 with the city centre (there is a complimentary shuttle bus from Terminal T1 to Terminal T2). The train operates every 30 minutes, approximately from 6.00 to 23.00h. The travel time is 32 minutes to Passeig de Gracia station. From there, you can go directly to the CCIB via the metro Line L4 Yellow (El Maresme-Forum station). A single ticket (4,10€) can be used for the entire trip.
- By bus: The Aerobus (express bus service) connects Terminal T1 (Aerobus A1) and Terminal T2 (Aerobus A2) with the city centre (Placa Catalunya) in approx. 35 minutes, 365 days a year, from approx. 5.00 to 24.00h. The Aerobus A1 operates every 5/10 min. and the Aerobus A2 every 10/20 min. From Placa Catalunya, you can get directly to the CCIB with the metro Line L4 Yellow (El Maresme-Forum station). Aerobus tickets cost 5,90€ one way and 10,20€ round trip.
- By metro:Metro Line L9 Sud connects Barcelona International Airport with the Barcelona metro network. The nearest station to the venue is El Maresme-Forum, Line L4 Yellow. A special ticket (4,50€) must be purchased to leave the airport and use the metro network. See Metro network opening hours on page 17.
Arrival from the city centre
- By car: If you are driving to the CCIB from the city centre, the best way to cross the city is by driving down Avenue Diagonal until the end of the avenue. It takes approximately 25 minutes to reach the CCIB from the city centre, depending on traffic. The most direct way to reach the CCIB from the outskirts of the city is by taking the Ronda Litoral (the city’s ring road) and taking exit 24. There are 3 car parks around the CCIB. GPS coordinates: Latitude: 41.408825 Longitude: 2.218208
- By metro: Take metro Line L4 Yellow to El Maresme-Forum station where the venue is located. See metro network opening hours in page 17.
- By bus: Take bus Line H16 at Placa Catalunya (city centre) to Forum stop where the congress venue is located. Opens from 4.50 to 22.10h.
Arrival from the train stations
The two main railway stations of Barcelona are: Barcelona-Sants and Barcelona-Estació de França. Both stations are connected to the metro network.
- By metro: At Barcelona-Sants station, take the metro Line L5 Blue, get off at Verdaguer station and take the metro Line L4 Yellow to El Maresme-Forum station.
At Barcelona-Estacio de Franca, station take the metro Line L4 Yellow to El Maresme-Forum station. See metro network opening hours on page 17.
Barcelona taxis are black and yellow and show a green light when available. They charge the amount indicated on the meter.
Phone: +34 933 222 222 (24h service) or book online: www.barnataxi.com. You will find a taxi point with taxis available at any time in front of the hotels around the venue.