GUIDELINES FOR POWER POINT PRESENTATION
PowerPoint is the only presentation tool available in all session halls. The Forum Auditorium and 2nd main Room 111+112, which hosts the main plenary sessions will have both Prezi and PowerPoint available.
Your Presentation at ESOT 2017
- Speakers will not be able to use their personal computers to present slides at ESOT 2017. All PowerPoint presentations must be handed in advance at the Speakers Ready Room.
- All presentations are loaded into a PowerPoint handling system that will store and distribute your presentation to the session hall in time for your session.
- All PowerPoint presentations should be handed preferable the day before or at least 2-4 hours before the session starts on the session day. Please secure sufficient time to deliver your slides to the Speakers Ready Room. Please keep in mind that mornings and lunch breaks are very busy, as many of your colleagues will be uploading the slides as well.
At the Speakers Ready Room
- The staff of the Speakers Ready Room will load your presentation into the system so that it will be available on the computer in your session hall when you come to speak.
- Please preview your presentation carefully on the speakers Ready Room computer assigned by the staff before the final sign off.
- If you are doing more than one speech during the Congress, you may upload all your presentations at the same time and they will be sent to their corresponding session halls at the time of your sessions.
Speakers Ready Room – location and opening hours
Speakers Ready Room is located in room 131+132 at the Level P1
- Sunday, 24th September 08:00 to 19:30
- Monday, 25th September 07:30 to 19:30
- Tuesday, 26th September 07:30 to 19:30
- Wednesday, 27th September 07:30 to 13:00
Speakers of Abstract-driven Sessions MUST NOT check in at the Speakers Ready Room as their presentations have already been received.
Should you have missed to submit your presentation please contact the Help Desk/Poster Desk located at the ePoster Lounge (in the Exhibition Hall).
Disclaimer: These guidelines should be seen as a matter of improving the effectiveness of the “Slide centre-Solution” and as a consequence should result in high speakers comfort. In the Slide Centre-solution, staff will be readily available to help speakers upload and finalize their presentation. Presenters should make sure all fonts appear as expected and all sound/video clips are working properly before they leave the Speakers Ready Room.
Proper identification is required in order to submit a presentation and also to upload, preview and edit files in the Speakers Ready Rom, please check in with the Congress staff on arrival in the room. Kindly note that storage devices (USB Memory Sticks, CDs, DVDs, etc.) will not be returned if left behind, please ensure that devices are collected before the close of the Congress, after which they will be destroyed.
- The PowerPoint handling and distribution system is optimized for MS PowerPoint 2016 (Office 2016) and “*.pdf” (Adobe Acrobat)-files. Kindly note that the uploading of “DVD-Movies” is not supported.
- The supported data media are: CD, DVD (as Data-storage-medium) and USB-Memory (Stick). All needed files - also the movie files!!! – have to be on the data media. Presentations can also be taken off speaker’s notebooks at the Speakers Ready Room.
- Please only use Latin-based fonts“. If special fonts are needed, they should be stored as “embedded fonts“ with the presentation (File -> save as „name of presentation“ and under „tools“ ->save options mark the checkbox „embed True type fonts“ and select „embed all characters“).
- Presentations should be saved as „*.ppt“, “*.pptx” ( = PowerPoint) or „*.pps“,*.ppsx“ (=PowerPoint Slideshow) – file and movies as separate files on the data media.
- When using mathematical symbols please use those, which are available under Latin fonts (unicode or DOS: Western Europe). These can be shown without any problems in Office 2016.
- The presentation computers and projectors will be set up and optimized for 16:9 aspect ratio – full HD (1920x1080) in all rooms.
- As format for embedded movies “MP4 – movies” (H.264 + AAC) are preferred (but can also be *.avi, *.wmv ).
- Presentations on Prezi must be saved as a portable prezi file .exe or export as a .pez and can be run ONLY in the Forum Auditorium and Room 111+112 (main rooms for Plenary, State of the Art and Big Bang sessions). For these specific rooms we would need the presentation or a preview version before the event to check everything is running accordingly specially for “prezi” presentations.
Session Room setup
In addition to the video and audio system, each session room is equipped with:
- Laptop and/or LCD monitor at the lectern/comfort monitor
- A mouse and/or keyboard
- A Laser pointer
This applies to Rooms: 113-114-115-116-117-118+119-120+121-122-123-124
Rooms: 125-127-128 will not have a lectern, as in the classic ESOT Brief Orals style.
Set up in the rooms dedicated to Brief Oral presentations is meant to facilitate interaction and fast running presentations. Most of these rooms will have no lectern; presentations are pre-loaded as submitted by the author/s.
Each session room will be staffed with an audio-visual (A/V) technician and a hostess, who will assist with the start of each presentation. Before the session begins, the A/V technician will confirm that all presentations are loaded and accounted for.
If the AV technician notices a missing presentation then he/she will contact the Speakers Ready Room for verification and notify the moderator if necessary. Once the presentation is launched, the presenter will control it from the podium using a computer mouse and/or a clicker.